Monday, July 19, 2010

Dear Heidi

Dear Heidi,

I’m grateful that you are my daughter. You are a beautiful, smart, funny and a fun girl to be around. You sisters and brother all love you and look up to you, and want to be like you.

I’m proud of who you are becoming. You have a lot of responsibility in your life, and things haven’t been easy for you. You are a strong person, and sometimes I look at you in amazement at all of the things that you can accomplish when you put your mind to it.

Everyone always tells me how amazing you are and what a pleasure you are to be around, and how nice you are to everyone. I don’t take credit for it and just tell everyone that you were born that way.

Heavenly Father has really great things in store for you. Stay close to the gospel, pray often and read your scriptures. I know that when I have done those things I have felt the love of the Savior and had many answerers to prayers. I also know that I haven’t always been a good example to you, and am quick to anger. I have made so many mistakes and pray that I will be forgiven for them.

I know that sometimes it looks like Dad’s lifestyle is easier than ours because he lives with no rules. But I promise you that that lifestyle has a lot of consequences that come with it. There isn’t happiness outside the gospel, and I know this because there was a time in my life that I wasn’t attending church or following the commandments. I got into situations that I wouldn’t have and had to make decisions in my life that were not necessary if I would have done what was right. These things are in place to keep us safe both physically and spiritually.

I want what’s best for you, and I want your life to be wonderful. You are on the right path. The next 4 years of your life you are going to be faced with a lot of opposition and temptation. Always know that you can come to me and talk about things. I remember what it was like to be 14.

I love you and am grateful that Heavenly Father let me be a part of your life.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Becky said...

I agree 100% with all that. Laurie you are a good mom! Love you Heidi!