Saturday, May 30, 2009

I love gardening, who would have thunk it?

Thought I would post some pictures of my garden. I wish I had before and afters, because then you would really be impressed.

This is the flower bed right in the front of the house. I took out about 2 feet of grass and added the border. I'm growing strawberries here. We've never been able to grow anything very well in this area, but I added new soil and have given it much love. I'm hoping we will have some luck with the strawberries.
This is another flower garden. My dad pulled out a very ugly bush last fall. Jackson decided he wanted to have a garden with purple flowers in that spot. So I added more of the border and the purple flowers. Tonight I added more color to it with some white and red Petunias.

We planted some sunflowers from seed here. It was so exciting when they started to sprout.

And this is the vegetable garden. I've planted tomatoes, zucchini, squash, cucumber, bush beans, carrots, radishes, onion and watermelon. This area was grass, but Tim came over and tilled the grass so we could plant. Then he and my dad went and got 2 truck loads of dirt to fill it in. And then I did the rest. I tilled it, planted it and have been taking care of it. The plants are all growing so good. The beans, carrots and radishes were planted by seed, and are doing really well. It's so exciting!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Your gardens look beautiful. Best way to get kids to eat their veggies.. grow it yourself! Good for you.