Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's because I love to read


I just finished this book. I loved it! It is very rare to come upon a book that makes you forget that the characters are not real and that the writing is fiction. I fell in love with the Literary Society and found myself yearning to join and be a part of their group. I want to be Juliet Ashton she is clever and charming, sensitive and smart. I loved seeing things through her eyes.

My favorite part was the second to the last paragraph in the book where she is writing a letter to her friend Sidney and she says “Is it unseemly to get married so quickly? I don’t want to wait – I want to begin at once. All my life I thought that the story was over when the hero and heroine were safely engaged – after all, what’s good enough for Jane Austen ought to be good enough for anyone. But it’s a lie. The story is about to begin, and every day will be a new piece of the plot.” I loved this because it was exactly how I felt when I married my husband after only knowing him for 3 months. He has 5 kids (making a grand total of 9) and everyone thought I was crazy. But I knew it was right and I went for it. It was the best decision I have ever made in my entire 36 years of life.

I will be giving this book as gifts to anyone and everyone I can think of.

No comments: